Sunday, August 30, 2015

Open house was a success and the first week of school is already in the rear view mirror.  It is amazing how time passes so quickly.  So - here are a few of my take aways.  When looking for new technology to incorporate - be wary of free trials.  I uploaded QR codes into my welcome letter - and a week later, they are invalid.  Once the free trial was over - the codes were deactivated.  Now I'm left with two options - pay for the account and have the existing codes reactivated - or find a different company that might offer QR-coding for free.  The dilemma of a 21st century teacher!  The biggest success from open house night was incorporating Google Form surveys - by 7:15pm the same night as open house I knew what my parents wanted, my students' allergies, and the transportation home with emergency and working phone numbers!  This will definetly be a repeat for me every year for open house!  So - with that in mind, as the second week gets underway, let's keep the momentum moving and see how well the students move into online homework and blogging!
Stay tuned -
Mr. CrouseSuperHero

No comments:

Post a Comment